SCHOLARSHIP DRAWING ELIGIBILITY: This scholarship promotion is open only to students who:
- are eligible to complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA;
- will attend a U.S. public or non-proprietary, private college or university in the fall 2014 semester;
- attend a FAFSA Free-for-All Event between January 1 and March 1, 2014;
- file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 1, 2014; and,
- ELIGIBILITY: This prize drawing promotion is open only to students who:
- are eligible to complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA;
- will attend a U.S. college or university in the fall 2014 semester;
- attend a FAFSA Free-for-All Event between January 1 and June 1, 2014;
- file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by June 1, 2014; and,
- complete and submit a FAFSA Free-for-All post-event survey including the student's first and last names, date of birth and email address. Surveys should be submitted while at the FAFSA Free-for-All event (on-line, preferred).
- SURVEYS: FAFSA Free-for-All post-event surveys should be submitted while at the FAFSA Free-for-All event, following FAFSA completion. Sponsor recommends surveys be submitted on-line to help ensure student privacies. Paper surveys will be provided in the event of students completing a paper FAFSA or due to non-availability of the internet. Sponsor and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected or incomplete surveys or surveys not received in time for the random drawing. Parents and/or legal guardians may submit for their eligible student, a FAFSA Free-for-All post-survey to enter their student(s) for the drawings.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: The random scholarship drawings will be conducted from among all eligible survey entries received per event location. The random drawings will be conducted by the Student Academic Success Center, an independent organization whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received per event location.
- PRIZE: Scholarship/Grant winners will receive a $500 scholarship payable to the eligible college or university in the winner's name. 291 winners will win miscellaneous Gift Cards of values $10-20 including a Grand Prize Gift Card to Best Buy in the amount of $200. Prize consists of only the scholarship or Gift Cards, but not both. With appropriate consensus by the FAFSA Free-for-All Steering Committee, Unidos Project, reserves the right to merge for the drawing, eligible students who attend smaller FAFSA Free-for-All event venues
- GENERAL RULES: If the potential scholarship or prize winner is a U.S. resident, the winner (and parent/legal guardian if potential winner is deemed a minor) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Scholarship or Prize Acceptance Form, and, if legally permissible, a Media Publicity Release within 10 business days of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. The winner will be officially notified by email and may also receive a courtesy phone call and/or text to notify them of the prize. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable for cash or credit and must be accepted as awarded. All taxes and fees, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating in this promotion, entrants (or parent/legal guardian if the entrant is a min0r) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges' decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy of inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the FAFSA Free-for-All materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the property of sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the drawing or in the announcement of the prize.
- WINNERS: For the name of the winners, please visit www.fafsanm.org.
- SPONSOR: Student Academic Success Center
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS:
Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any such individual. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem or unforeseen circumstance corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/Steering Committee, in their sole discretion. Any survey entries which are suspected of being fraudulent will be disqualified based on determinations made solely by Sponsor.